Exhibit features student, educator artwork | Arts & Culture
This is a news release from the Davis School District.
Artwork from students and teachers in the Davis School District is being displayed at the Bountiful/Davis Art Center through May 6.
The artwork represents the best of the best from art students in the district's junior highs and high schools. The art center is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Friday and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Art show award winners were recently announced. They are as follows:
- Best of Show — Luke Tuttle, "Holi Delhi", digital photography, Bountiful High,
- Ceramic Functional Ware — Michael Clark, "Purple Falls", clay, Woods Cross High,
- Sculputre/3D — Tyler Young, "Fountain of the Sun", ceramic, Syracuse High,
- Commercial Art — Mason Charlesworth, "Scissorhands", ink, Bountiful High,
- 2D Original — Bobby Asay, "The Bradbury,” acrylic & charcoal, Viewmont High,
- 2D Copy — Alexis Rauch, "Woody," pencil, Viewmont High,
- Photography — Mackenzie Turner, "Abandoned," digital photography, Clearfield High,
- Honorable Mention —Daniel D. Draper, Syracuse; Ashely Haddon, Clearfield; Cathy Levtire, Woods Cross; Madeline Dunn, Bountiful; Rachel Dexter, Canyon Heights; Sarah Kim, Syracuse; Anna Tropnikova, Clearfield; Kyle Irvin, Clearfield; Sarah Yates, Viewmont; Hunter Jensen, Layton; Lauren Thalen, Northridge; Emily Kime, Woods Cross; and Danika Jensen, Davis.
- First place — Olivia Stevens, “Bucket of Apples,” digital photography, Fairfield Junior,
- Second place — Heather Shelley, “My Sunshine,” color pencils, Mueller Park Junior,
- Third place — Anne Nish, “Adagio,” collage, Millcreek Junior,
- Honorable Mention — Jessica Watson, “The Art of Mozart,” pencil, Legacy Junior; Mannattan Johnson, “Japanese Oni Devil Mask,” plaster, Mueller Park Junior; and Megan Poll, “Untitled,” Acrylic, Sunset Junior.
For more information, visit www.davis.k12.ut.us.
Top South Davis Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Judge orders evaluation for man accused of pulling gun at police headquarters
- Residents temporarily without power after car accident
- SLC police seek suspect after armed bank robbery
- Rotary Club hosts Mother’s Day celebration for mothers in need
- SLC International Airport seeks input on $2 billion redesign