Girl, 2, nearly drowns in Farmington pool | News
FARMINGTON, Utah – A 2-year-old girl was hospitalized after nearly drowning in a neighborhood pool in Farmington on Saturday.
The girl’s family was leaving the Somerset pool just after 3 p.m. and took her floaties off. A couple minutes later, they noticed the girl missing and began searching for her.
She was spotted face-down in the pool. The girl’s dad jumped in and pulled her out then began CPR. She began breathing again within 20 seconds and was able to speak with emergency personnel when they arrived.
The girl was transported to Primary Children’s Medical Center for examination, but she is expected to be released on Saturday night.
Top South Davis Stories
Upcoming Events near South Davis
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Judge orders evaluation for man accused of pulling gun at police headquarters
- Residents temporarily without power after car accident
- Rotary Club hosts Mother’s Day celebration for mothers in need
- SLC International Airport seeks input on $2 billion redesign
- Female volunteers building home for single mother